Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Wandering the Costa del Sol


Wandering in Spain's Costa del Sol this morning was pure joy.





Malaga's Alhambra is a 14th century fortress/palace full of courtyards and gardens, mosaic and brickwork. I loved every detail!


I'm working as artist in residence on Grand Princess, sailing for Barcelona, Monaco/Nice, Gibraltar, Naples, and Ajaccio (Corsica.) If you have travel tips for me in those city, please email.

And whether you do or not, go on an armchair trip with me as I share a few highlights from my sketching tour of the Mediterranean.



9 comments:

Jane Shasky said...

Just gorgeous Sharyn, I'm there with you in spirit.
Thanks for sharing and have an amazing trip!
hugs, Jane

Mrs. Santos said...

Wonderful! Can't wait to see more.

Debbie said...

Lovely photos as always, Sharyn. thanks for packing me in your suitcase ;- )

Sharon Hermens said...

How wonderful! Can't wait to see more! Have a great trip!

jone hallmark said...

Barcelona is wonderful - well, so is the Alhambra (!!!!!)
In Barcelona, find as much Gaudi as you can - it is everywhere! Park Guelle (sp?) is magnificent with the mosaics. I remember a restaurant called Los Caracoles (the Snails?) It was fun, at 23 years of age. And La Sagrada Familia is beyond magnificent...... takes your breath away.

Have a wonderful trip. my friend!
xo
Jone

Diane said...

Oh my, girlfriend!! It's a tough job but somebody has to do it! ;-)
And I can't think of a more deserving person to enjoy a gorgeous place like this. Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos. It looks like you couldn't have had better weather!
Hugs, Diane

Barb T said...

Well,, it's ALMOST like I'm there :-) Fabulous pics, keep sending !!!!

Marqueta (Mar-keet-a) said...

Dear Sharyn,

Oh my, what a tough job you have there! ;) Thank you so much for taking us along; it's just the thing to escape the waning summertime "blahs."

Love,

Marqueta

Jeri Landers said...

Holy Cow! How did you get a gig like this? I am green with envy. First, I find out my friend is heading off for Hilltop Farm in England next week and YOU are in Spain! The only traveling I ever get to do is from one art show to another... I need a vacation. Have a great time!