Tuesday, September 4, 2012

What's beautiful? What's not?

What is beautiful?



How do you define what’s lovely and what’s not?



I found Montenegro to be a land of contrasts.

When I saw the ultra posh Hotel Splendid in the seaside town of Budva, I thought it was not so splendid at all. Madonna and Sting and Tom Cruise were there this summer. A James Bond movie was filmed there. I found it snobby and unremarkable.

But the countryside...



beautiful.



The ordinary people and their simple lives within the city of Kotor are splendid.

I climbed their ancient wall to the top of the mountain and found it beautiful.





Montenegro. Come to Kotor and visit if you have the opportunity.



I found it fascinating.



And hauntingly beautiful.


2 comments:

Jeri Landers said...

I am with you, give me the outskirts of the city, away from the madding crowd. I see you have taken another wonderful trip, lucky girl!!

Sara said...

Remarkable...all those ancient stones. Love the last photo, their gleam and shine, looking polished by all the centuries of foot traffic.