Monday, February 4, 2013

Lambing season


Lambing season. 
I've been hunched over the drafting table and hunkered down at the computer for days and days.

 So when Becky and Lori invited us to Lori's barn, where lambs had been born "just last night!" I was literally jumping for joy.

"YES!!!"



I even got to snuggle with the newborn lamb on the right... She fell asleep on my lap!


 It's been raining... 
and raining...
and raining...


So the pastures are full of water and oozing mud. 
Lori had "adventures" bringing the mamas and babies in from the field.

She's guessing nine or ten more will be born any minute now.


Such soft fuzz, pink little ears.


Their skinny newborn legs like tiny miracles...


Mr. Wonderful almost glowed...
Oh, the beauty of new life,
of spring just barely on the horizon!


Lambing season.
Smitten again, as if I'd never seen a sheep before.


"I might," said Lori, "have a tiny one who needs to be someone's pet."
Gulp.