Sunday, August 11, 2013

Painting plein air in the garden...


Summer painting in the garden is the very best of all.

This afternoon it was strawberries!
 I sat beside the alpine strawberry plants so cheerfully mounded in the garden.
They have lasted weeks beyond the cultivated types.

The piece I painted today isn't finished yet, but oh, was my mouth watering for one of these pastries I ate in a French bakery in New York...
And yes, I did lick my fingers!


I've been busy in the studio and will be posting more crafty DIY videos- it has been far too long since I pulled the old ones down. These will be quick and easy little things you can do in minutes- such a satisfying way to craft.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I really like these recipe type cards/paintings you've been doing. Very fun to look at and hopefully to make as well. You yourself are a vision of lovely color in your pink and green too.

Lovella ♥ said...

Hi Sharyn,
To find you and your beautiful art is a lovely summer gift. I think your artwork is stunning. I kept reading down your posts and will be adding you to my friends blog page and make my visits regular.
Thanks so much for taking the time to introduce yourself. I'm so happy you did.

Jeri Landers said...

So glad you stopped by, I thought you might be off and away to ports foreign and exotic! Yes, self publish, always, and I hope to have books in hand Oct/ Nov. What a relief. Your art is always so good, and you are doing crafting vids? I have thought of doing a few, but I've been so busy. Goodness, our strawberries all drown weeks ago, you are lucky to have some!