Wednesday, September 29, 2010

More Greek colors


 I love the brilliant colors, but Greece isn't all drama. Her softer hues and the reflected light are also gorgeous.


You can step into a back alley or a monastery


and find colors that are at once gentle and brilliant.


Someday I'm going back. 
I will sit on the beach a sip a glass of wine while I watch the sun slip behind the horizon.


For now, the memories, the photos and sketches are enough.
And the art that's beginning to flow from so much inspiration.



3 comments:

Diane said...

Sharyn, I'm sure these influences will be showing up in your art!
Hugs, Diane :-)

Sharyn Sowell said...

FROM LINDA...
I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying the pictures on your Blog. What a chance you have had to be able to see first hand the beauties of this earth through an artists eyes. I marvel at the wonderful world that we live on. How can anyone say there is no God and yet see what was prepared for us here. Please keep sharing your pictures , I love to see them. Linda

Sharyn Sowell said...

From Jenny...
OH I HAVE LOOOOVED reading about your trip to GREECE! How fabulous - and your photos and stories have been amazing!!!
Thanks for sharing Sharyn! I love your blog - it is a breath of FRESH AIR everyday!

I am so glad you had fun on your trip. Greece is actually my NUMBER ONE place I want to go to!

Much love to you my artist friend,
Jenny