Saturday, March 12, 2011

A trip to the nursery


When it's too cold and wet to work in the garden and you're longing for spring, what is a gardener to do?

Why, put on a thick coat and visit your favorite nursery, of course!


And so it was that Jane and I headed for Christianson's Nursery.
If that isn't the world's best nursery they have me fooled. 


Sometimes I go just to sketch the watering cans.
But I always walk away with something for the garden.

This time it was blueberries, currants, and jostaberries (a cross between gooseberry and currant), all bare root, and sweet pea seeds. 

 
I wanted English daisies, too, but forgot them.
That's a legitimate reason to go back soon, don't you agree?


Tucked between plants and greenhouses you'll find Primrose, their wonderful shop for all things vintage garden.


I practically swoon every time I go in. 
Right now I am dying for one of those spades with the split wood handles.

Too spendy for me, but I can dream!