Friday, April 1, 2011

Best friends


She's a wonderful best friend. 

Loves nothing better than laying her head on my foot as I work.
A truly gentle soul.

Penny never met anyone she didn't like. Even the neighbor dog who attacked her is treated to a wag when she sees him. Never repeats a secret and listens for hours.

In short, Penny's a wonderful role model.

A rollicking ball chase ripped her knee and Penny is now recovering from surgery. Thank goodness for a kindly vet who is an expert.

I can hardly wait until my sweet little pal is back to her happy self again.

Get well, Penny!

6 comments:

Sharon Hermens said...

Penny, Rest and be well!

FryeStyle said...

What a beautiful face. I love labradors - ever faithful. Yes, get well Penny!

Diane said...

Aw....with eyes like that...you just want to hug her!
So...here's a hug!
Diane

donna!ee said...

you are truly blessed with penny. i have 4 labs and seems to me they are doG AND God in one! enjoy...

Debbie said...

I let out an audible awwwww, when I saw her. I am sooo susceptible right now, OK always. Our sweet Max, a 14 yo Norwegian Elkhound was put down the end of July. With my son going off to college and my husband traveling, I've really been missing him. It's the first time I've been totally home alone. I'm waiting on a litter and hoping to have a new puppy the beginning of June. Dogs are such great companions. Sometimes they are the only ones who listen ;- ) I'm sure Penny is anxious for her walks with you, too. have a inspiration filled weekend.

Sharyn Sowell said...

Yes, it's rather miserable today. The pain meds are obviously not working. I am so sorry for my sweet little friend and can't wait until she heals! This is awful for all of us.