Monday, March 31, 2014

Spring in Skagit Valley


Imagine living in a beautiful little valley
where tulips and daffodil decorate the earth like a vivid carpet every spring.


The most beautiful valley anywhere.
And I get to call this HOME.


I took a quick bike ride this afternoon and brought camera and sketch pad.
Peek over my shoulder and look at what I saw.


Daffodils and narcissus.
Grape hyacinth, scilla, tulips, and hyacinths.

Thank God for eyes and noses.


The earliest tulips are just barely coming into bloom, the fields being picked by hand, one stem at a time.

I cycled to my favorite display garden, Roozengaarde, just a few minutes down the road, and bought my season pass.


Glory awaited.




The color of flowers and sky, that gorgeous spring green behind it all...

You turn a corner and find another vista, each one fresher than the last.


And we had the garden almost to ourselves, the tourists having not yet learned that bloom season has arrived already!


The birds and I were singing.

Glory hallelujah, spring has come to the Skagit Valley again
and taken my breath away.