Monday, December 20, 2010

Home for the holidays


Will you permit me to brag and share a concern?
I've been away again & unable to post.
But now I'm back and it feels so good to be home where I belong,
readying heart and home for Christmas.


I had the joy of accompanying my sister, Janny, to her son's graduation from Marine Officer School in Quantico, Virginia.

Rob is a young man of valor, courage and faith. He was always the kid who stood up to the bully and befriended the victim, and led others to do the same. I guess we shouldn't be surprised he's taking the career path he is but I have to admit it frightens me.


Seeing the faces of these young people reminded me again that while I don't often think about our military, it is made up of people like Rob, who have homes and dreams, mothers and girlfriends who lay awake nights wondering if they are okay.


Rob will be living outdoors all winter for more training in infantry and survival skills, then heading out to his first deployment with men under his leadership and care this spring.

Whatever your political point of view,  please pray for these young people. 
I have seen their fresh young faces at Quantico and realize anew how much they need our support and prayers.


While we are in quiet, warm and peaceful places, others are cold, hungry and in dangerous situations defending our nation.

Let's pray for them while we enjoy the festivities of the season.
Bless you.