Thursday, October 27, 2011

Autumn pampering


Misty morning.


Dewy fields were waiting.


It's so interesting how in autumn the colors are alternately muted and soft, like the field above, or brilliantly showy like the berries and leaves I ran past in Riverside Park.

 
I wanted to be simply alone with my thoughts, to run, to savor it all by myself.


I was not sorry to have left duty behind and gifted myself with a full sixty minutes of pure pleasure, running with only my dog and my camera.


Past brilliant leaves and foggy pastures...


every line softened by the low clouds...


Sometimes luxury is priceless though free, and my hour outdoors was just that for me.
Why, I wonder, do we scrimp and deprive ourselves of such refreshment? 
I am resolved to say yes to myself more often.


So let me challenge you as well:

What are you doing to pamper yourself today?
If it's been a while, look around and seize the little opportunity to be kind to yourself and enjoy a small luxury as I did.

It's so refreshing.
Now, back to work!