Saturday, April 4, 2009

Yellow


What's the quintessential color of spring?

Here we know spring has finally arrived when the dismal, somber grays are punctuated by brilliant tones of yellow.

First it's a tiny touch here, a flick of color there.






Then we find polka dots of yellow here and there when the dandelions come, splotches of bright crocus and forsythia, and wide brilliant carpets of brilliant yellow, daffodils in splendid carpets.











What's your favorite spring color? Today yellow is mine but tomorrow that might change...

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Sharyn, I noticed your lovely work through your website, which I followed from the Bliss Guild Blog! One thing led to another and now I'm enjoying beautiful photos on your blog post. :)
I see you are also from the NW. And as of late, spring's color has been gray, with sprinkles of white (snow!).
Today my husband found a few daffs blooming in the yard, so now we are enjoying the color yellow!
Happy Spring!

Sharon Hermens said...

Sharyn, Today, Sunday, my favorite color is blue. Today we took our 3 yr.old grand daughter back to west Texas. The interstate and fields were laden with bluebonnets. The bluest I've seen in quite some time.
Hugs, Sharon