Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What have you been doing?

"What have you been doing?" I asked Katie as she plodded into the house needing her paws wiped.

Silly question. One glance at her muddy nose and the well-licked bone give a clear-cut answer.

Digging. Again.


But I can't fault her too badly because I understand. I am rather fond of digging, myself.


Mr. Wonderful and I are out with our shovels all the time, even in the rain.
We love the results.

Everybody here digs. And loves it. 
Even the chickens, as you can see!


The raised beds are looking happy outside the studio door, and we are fighting the slug wars, banishing the weeds and loving the salad greens.

So I really can't fault Katie for loving the dirt. I know how she feels. 
Another wipe of the paws.

What have you been doing? Any digging going on in your neck of the woods, my friends?