Thursday, July 21, 2011

Just ducky


I've always had a fondness for ducks.


There is nothing, absolutely nothing, more charming and cheerful than ducklings.


Mr. Wonderful was crumb-tosser for my latest duckling photo opportunity.
See the bread in this little guy's beak?


What a thoughtful look for a baby duck...


... while this one looks exactly like a wind-up tub toy!
Maybe I fell in love with ducks when I was just a tiny child playing in the bath.
Are you smitten, too?


I laughed at their antics and Mr. Wonderful pitched breadcrumbs with a smile.
The ducklings were cheering us up.
How could they not?




The sun was shining, the scent of pine blew across the lake, and a parade of happy ducks came to wish us well.

You just have to smile when there are ducks in the picture!


5 comments:

jana.kaye said...

My parents let my siblings and I raise ducklings for several years.

They do have wise eyes!

BBLaBoss said...

These ducks are so sweet!

BBLaBoss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeri Landers said...

Sharon, You are absolutely right above dear duckies. They are are the happiest, busiest little creatures I have ever known! See those jolly little smiles on those faces? Wonderful photos!

sue z said...

Thanks for sharing, your photography always takes my breath away. That pink poppy is so stunning..all of them WOW, what a place to live! Paradise!