Monday, December 2, 2013

Living the bucket list


Recently someone asked me, "what's your favorite place and your favorite time?"

Right here, I told her.

Right now. This very minute!

Every precious minute I want to be living my bucket list.

Down the road is a mom and pop craft shop and on the side, someone painted these signs and left colored chalk nearby. It's a glimpse into the deepest desires of so many hearts.


It's made me think how grateful I am that I am actually living my list.


Being blessed to make art that people use on products is part of living my bucket list every day.
These new purse notes from Graphique de France are just one more example of my art in stores now.


Isn't this Christmas gift wrap fun? 
I love the quality of this made-in-USA paper which is made from 100% recycled paper... gorgeous and ecologically responsible ~ and in stores now.


But I have other things still on my bucket list...
and looking at the things these people wrote makes me think.


Some are mundane like the person who wanted to do ten push ups or the one who hopes to dance the night away or visit Sydney. 

But others inspire me...

the woman who wants to be drug free, the boy who wants to live in the moment,
the person who is trying to leave a legacy or the one who wants to learn "to love myself".
Me? I want to eat another icy lemon gelato in Italy, to better my art, light more candles.

To become a truly wise person through and through.
And spend more time gazing at the setting sun.


What's your bucket list?

Are you living a piece of it today?

7 comments:

Sharyn Sowell said...

Angel said...

So glad you posted this today. Just what I needed.

Sherrie Spangler said...

Your designs are so fun! Can we buy the wrapping paper in Western WA?

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Sharyn - such a great post...I do so want to live in the moment...life goes so fast and I want to treasure each lovely minute. Your art designs are awesome. I am glad you are living a part of your bucket list and sharing it with all of us. Take care and have a lovely start to the Christmas season.

Sharyn Sowell said...

Elyce said…

have followed your blog for several years and love your mixed media paper crafts. Please tell me stores that carry...are they only on the west coast?

Sharyn Sowell said...

Thank you, Elyce. Sadly, I usually don't know which specific stores carry my items but they are definitely nationwide, not just in the west.

As far as crafting items go, I'm just beginning a partnership with Ellison, the manufacturers of the Sizzix products. They'll be available in January nationwide and online. Mrs. Grossman's laser cut stickers are available nationwide- I'm particularly smitten with the large Christmas stickers. My two books are easy to grab on Amazon or in bookstores nationwide, there' some fishing fabric in stores now that's made by Clothworks Textiles. And there are other products in the works as well.

Moose said...

I am a "live in the moment" person too! Loving the wrapping paper design.
Tail wags ~moose

Michelle Palmer said...

Grand post... each minute, a treasure!
Wishing you a Christmas season FILLED with joy!