Monday, May 24, 2010

Be it ever so humble


... there truly is no place like home.

I have been enjoying the simple pleasures of fresh lettuces from our own garden, eggs gathered from our friendly yellow hens, and restfulness of my own pillow.

Just down the road the horse is joyful in his brilliant golden field...


and even though they are only weeds, what a cheerful sight they are.


Weeds can be gorgeous, too, can't they?



Returning from yesterday's walk, I was greeted with that happy annual sight:
the heirloom Colette roses are in bloom!

What joy!


I couldn't resist them, and had to capture their freshness on a full sheet of watercolor paper. 
Decadence for a Sunday afternoon.

First I drizzled petals all over the paper, then did a simple pencil sketch...


And in the evening, when the rest of the household slumbered, I splashed!


What joy to be able to paint something and pin it up in the dining room for a fresh touch.

Be it ever so humble, there's no place like your own home made home.

What have you made lately to grace your home? I would love to hear from you!