Thursday, May 20, 2010

Whirlwind in New York

Do you ever feel time has been compressed and you're living on fast forward?

I have lived at least a month this past week. At least.

I'll share a few juicy bits about the Surtex design show in New York City over the next few days.


There's nothing like an empty booth and an Everest-sized pile of materials to give a girl that "wow!" feeling. Too bad you can't see the oh-so-big stack of stuff in the aisle, but trust me, it was there.


Here is a not-so-flattering shot of my booth. I actually loved how it felt... rather too cluttery but it felt so much like my studio that I was comfy as a clam in its shell. 


This is another view of the booth.

I loved the freedom of a paper-covered desk that allowed me to actually letter right there! Loved the ink stand with my biz cards and goodies scattered everywhere, just like at home in the studio...





And oh! what fun to hug old friends and meet new ones I will treasure...

Have you visited the blog of gifted design guru Eddie Ross? It's the ultimate in delicious eye candy. Eddie and Jaithan stopped by for play with paper and ink. What fun they are!


After the fun Eddie snapped pics to preserve the memories.


My friend,  talented artist Jane Shasky was right next door to share a few chocolates and flowers...


and my wonderful mentee and cherished friend Caroline Simas made me so proud and happy.


And then there were the Louie awards. The Louies are like the Emmy awards of the greeting card industry & I was delighted to win last year.

This year was even better, with a win for the card I designed for Sunrise Greetings, part of an Asian collection featuring koi. What fun! The card doesn't show up well here but the excitement does...



Do I sound a bit breathless? I am!

I'll share more tomorrow about this week's adventures of a small town girl in the City...