Thursday, May 27, 2010

In the studio

Is there a place you love so much you can't help grinning when you walk in the door?


For me it's my own little studio in the garden.

Come peek inside! It's such a happy place.

Penny dozes on the cheerful rug and my creative mess can stay where it is, with the door closed at the end of the day and nobody to criticize.


Look at the slouchy old chair, filled with down and oh so cosy... the type case crammed to overflowing with delicious fonts of lead and wood type! 

Want a closer look? I always do... and then I end up fingering the letters and spelling out words I love...

marshmallow, butterfly, foxglove, chandelier...


And it would not be me if there were not cut paper!

In my studio even the curtains are made of snips of this and that...


From this window I can see the deck that leads to the kitchen. Just right for a late night snack!

Good thing I stopped on the way up to pick some rhubarb for crisps this afternoon.


Perfect for a snack, and I love pairing grandma's plates with Crate & Barrel's square lime dishes.


And best of all is sharing it with a friend... and in this case I'm tickled pink because guess who is waiting to eat it with me? Annie, the sweetest assistant anyone ever had. Smartest, too. 

Now you know what's up in the studio. It's crazy busy, pleasantly messy and happy right down to the scraps waiting to be swept up in the corners.