Friday, May 21, 2010

Feeling the love...


Sometimes you feel a glow that just hangs on a while.


The Louie awards are like the Emmys of the stationery industry. I loved being at Chelsea Pier for the gala award evening... and then to win a Louie again was frosting on a very wonderful cake!

I can't share the news of upcoming products from the show yet but there was plenty, and so much of it almost too good to be true. 



No wonder I love my job. How can this really be the life of the extraordinarily ordinary me? It seems like a dream...

After the show closed, Annie and I had a few hours to wander the City. 


And wander we did!


I adore the Central Park Zoo, with its arched sculptures and the Delacorte Clock.



Every square inch of Central Park holds a delight and an inspiration.



After a blissful stroll, we headed down Madison Avenue, where I freely confess to drooling over the window displays and sighing at the delights in Barney's. I am dying to paint with a technique inspired by a canvas I saw at the top of their third floor stairway. Oooh-la-la! Their windows are amazing.


Truly there is no place like home but New York always leaves me with a special glow. 
Sighing with delight over the sights and sounds, the memories of wonderful challenges faced and savored.

I'll share the news of exciting new products soon...