Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Beautiful Hawaiians


If there are people more beautiful than the Hawaiians I can't imagine who they are.
It must be those golden sunsets touching their skins. 




The children possess a remarkable sensitivity to the earth and sea that surround them.



No wonder they turn into adults that seem to wear their way of life like a second skin.


You have to hunt for the Hawaiian people among the tourists, but they are there if you look.
Certainly there is plenty of faked "real" Hawaiian culture, but I am referring to the quiet beauty that is natural and not for show.

After exploring the gardens, hiking their trails and tiptoeing at the edges of family life, I am an admirer. 


2 comments:

Diane said...

I know what you mean, Sharyn. I've never been to Hawaii, but I've been to other places where we've stayed away from the touristy areas and have thoroughly enjoyed seeing the real people and the everyday lives they lead.
You sound like you've come home feeling very relaxed.
It's been too long since we've chatted.
Hugs and blessings,
diane

Sharyn Sowell said...

From Kim...


Hi Sharyn,
I've enjoyed your blog entries of Hawaii trip so much that I'm thinking of going in Jan. or Feb.
Have a nice weekend,
Kim