Sunday, January 16, 2011

The surprise


Do you have secret dreams? 
Ideas that you've never articulated, even allowed yourself to seriously consider?

I do.


Which was why we found ourselves off looking at shabby little cabins and pieces of land we could never afford. And one we could!

I have always dreamed of a little getaway, somewhere for family and friends to spend an hour or a weekend. Somewhere woodsy, completely rural. A refuge from modern life.


I have driven past the most shabby, deserted gray place for years. 
Always thought it looked charming though deserted.

And guess what we looked at yesterday?

Yes.
You guessed.
It was the one we could afford.


Looking more forlorn than ever but I had a sense of amazement. Could my secret, unspoken desires be coming true? God has surprised me before ~ this wouldn't be the first time.

And now a meeting is scheduled for Wednesday.

What will happen?


I confess to EXCITEMENT and dreams running wild.

Life is such a thrill ride.