Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Looking up


Sometimes I'm so busy looking at the details that I forget to notice the big picture.

How happy I am that I looked up and saw~ I mean REALLY SAW ~ the sky.


I wonder... are you like me? 
Do you often miss the beauty simply because you're unaware?


Something as ordinary as a cloudy sunset can hold the most amazing sense of drama.


Take a moment to slow down. 
Sit on a fence and stare skyward.
Or listen as you unlock your car... do you hear birdsong?


Life is too precious to walk blindly past it. 


I challenge you: let this be the year we pause to notice the everyday miracles and whisper a heartfelt "thank you."


4 comments:

Sharon Hermens said...

Sharyn, I love clouds and skys!! I have many pictures of the clouds. Remember when you were little and you would look up at the clouds and see a dog or a dragon or whatever? I still do that. Lately here in Arlington,TX our morning skys have been exquisite! Brilliant reds striated thru the sky. I call that God's paint pallet.

Judy said...

Hi Sharyn, I also love watching the changing sky. Living on a hill in rainy Oregon I can watch the sky all day and take many pictures. The layers, colors and the speed they all change is the attraction for me. Now I need to get back to my watercolors and do something with all this inspiration!

whimsybeams said...

I came to this site through reading your book 'Silhouettes'. I really love all the nature that I see right here and found this post especially touching. Thanks for the reminder :)

whimsybeams said...

Just saw your really nice comment on my blog :D Thanks Sharyn!