Thursday, January 20, 2011

Waiting


Mr. Wonderful and I are waiting.

We made an offer on the little cottage by the lake yesterday and we are so aware of being held in God's hands and of that special corner of earth waiting to be cared for again.


Morning dawned blue and crisp yesterday and our vision for what we'd do with the unloved little cottage grew stronger.


Soon we will know more but for now we wait.

We hope.

We nurture a dream.


Someone else has made an offer, too. 
But this seems to have God's fingerprint on it for our lives.
So we wait.


This morning I am thinking of the huckleberry bushes and the owls and the deer.
And one forlorn little cottage just waiting to be loved again.


8 comments:

momto2wasd said...

I hope you get the cottage! Thank you for the gorgeous pictures!

Sharyn Sowell said...

Thank you, I do, too!

Christen said...

*Dreaming and praying for you*

Sharyn Sowell said...

Marylou said:

fingers crossed and i asked the "big guy " to look in on it. i have faith that it will happen. if not , it would not have been good for you . HE is only good.
sincerely, marylou

Sharyn Sowell said...

Sharyn said:

Hope you get the cottage Sharyn! Looks beautiful. And the woods are so luscious.
I really enjoy your walks.
Kim

Content in a Cottage said...

Sharyn,

Here is your "sign" of hope. You are the winner of my free giveaway of a classic enamel house sign.

I am so happy you won. The drawing was fair and square. I didn't even read your comment until after I pulled your name from the fish bowl.

Please contact me with all of your information so I can send it to Ramsign, the Danish company sponsoring your wonderful prize.

My cottage waited for me and I know your cottage is waiting for you.

xo, Rosemary

Sharyn Sowell said...

From Kim:

Hope you get the cottage Sharyn! Looks beautiful. And the woods are so luscious.
I really enjoy your walks.

Kim

Rachel VanHook said...

You have the most peaceful blog...absolutely beautiful! LOVE the pictures. I read another of your posts where you said God has surprised you before...how true that statement is. I can't wait to see what happens!
My husband and I are getting ready to sell our home. I am so excited to see where He takes us next. Life is a thrill ride!!!!