Monday, May 9, 2011

Brilliant

Mr. Wonderful, knowing I needed a rest, kidnapped me this weekend.
It was only a few hours, but so refreshing.


Seattle is nearby and a world away. 
No matter how many times I visit Pike Place Market I never tire of it...

... the cheese maker, the fishmonger, the glorious fruits and vegetables...
  
All of it looks like a still life painting, and fairly sings out, "SPRING!"






Everywhere you look there is something more splendid than the glimpse before.




When we finally turn away I am almost dazzled. 


But not so overcome that I miss the architectural delights of Seattle, a truly amazing city. Art deco touches on buildings, beautiful water drains underfoot... there is just so much beauty the city has to offer.


And the delights of window shopping!
I was not the only one to fall prey to the shopkeepers' artful windows.


After a few hours we headed back to the train station. 
Time to come home.


What's your getaway place? Where do you go when you need a little break? 
I am so glad Mr. Wonderful knew I was tired and snatched me away for a day-long adventure.


6 comments:

jone hallmark said...

Oh Sharyn - what a wonderful day doing the most wonderful things.....
Mr Wonderful is pretty darn wonderful, isn't he?

Your photos are great. Thank you so much for sharing them.
Are you going to SURTEX?
Hope to chat with you soon.....

xo

Diane said...

I love Pike's Place Market! Thanks for the walk down memory lane!

What's my favorite getaway? I have several! So hard to pick!

Have fun at Surtex!!

Hugs, Diane

Marqueta (Mar-keet-a) said...

Dear Sharyn,

What a nice getaway! I've only been to Pike's Place once in my life, as a little girl, but I remember being enthralled with the sights and scents.

My favorite getaway is either the mountains or the sea.

Love,

Marqueta

Christen said...

Wow, this looks amazing! You know, I love just taking a drive. It forces me to not work, simply enjoy the countryside.
Blessings!!

Susie Scott said...

Hi Sharyn,
Your photos are absolutely Fabulous!! Love the colors, compositions and the subject matter....they are perfect!! Got your e-mail will sit down and answer soon. Have allot to tell you.
Love,
Susie

zacher.bay said...

Sharon, It has been awhile since I was in Seattle, what a fabulous Market!
When I want to get away, I travel about 45 minutes to walk the grounds of the Museum of Appalachia. A peaceful rebuilt settlement on 63 acres of pastoral beauty with 30 historic buildings representing pioneer life in the early 20th century. It is like a stepping back in time.