Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Just outside my studio window...



Here in the Northwest we have had the chilliest spring on record.


But I think that explains why the tulips are still blooming into May. 
In the aftermath of an early evening shower I find them particularly beautiful.
 

I'm in the studio stitching up a handmade portfolio, gazing through the showers at the garden.
I can't resist running out barefoot in the cold grass and snapping a few quick pictures.

Simply beautiful.
I love the droplets left on foliage and flowers. In the clearing light of early evening, they sparkle like crystal.

Like the commercial says: priceless.

7 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

Lovely photos. My tulips are still blooming too. It's supposed to rain tonight. I love them with raindrops too.

Marqueta (Mar-keet-a) said...

Such beautiful pictures! Here in Kansas City we have just a few tulips left.

I would love to see your portfolio when it's done!

Love,

Marqueta

Sharon Hermens said...

Priceless, indeed!

TheCreativeShed said...

Found your blog - not sure how! Here in Edinburgh the dandylions are out - gorgeous. Look forwrds to reading more from you.x

Debbie said...

Wonderful photos. A friend and I were just discussing your tulips today and wondering whether they were still in flower or not. How nice of you to answer our question ;- ) Enjoy! I have to enjoy yours, they won't let me grow them.

Sharyn Sowell said...

Leslie said:

You know what I love about you Sharyn?
You bring beauty into my day.
Thank you so much!

Sharyn said:
Oh thank you, Les! I'm blushing...

Caroline Simas said...

love the photos....looooooooooove tulips!