Tuesday, May 24, 2011

She who holds my heart


She is two years old.
A living breathing miracle, that child.




When I'm with her I find myself laughing.


Occasionally we get a glimpse of the woman she'll be someday...
but mostly she's simply herself, living in the moment.


Ordinary life with her is extraordinary.


I hold her in my arms or clasp her hand as we cross a street but truly it is she who holds a big chunk of my heart in those sweet two year old hands.


Oh, how precious it is, the love of a child!

6 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

The first photo of this child holding a chicken is wonderful as is this beautiful post. Have fun with her this holiday weekend. Are you going to a parade?

jone hallmark said...

she is beautiful - what a gift!

xo

Sharon Hermens said...

How precious she is! Slurp up lots of kisses and laugh yourself silly while you have her!! Nothing makes me laugh out loud more than my grand children!! Enjoy

Marqueta (Mar-keet-a) said...

How perfectly sweet she is! And the Buff Orpington she's holding is a real beauty, too. :)

There is indeed something special about the love of a child. Thank you for the reminder, dear lady!

Love,

Marqueta

p.s. The word verification is "poopyt"; I thought you'd like that one.

jane maday said...

What a cutie-pie! Love the chicken photo!

Jeri Landers said...

What a lovely little lady, I wish I had one of those! ( Though I do have the ROOSTERs twin brother)

You will have fun making the spoon markers, I had a blast.. I think I may go outside and pound a few more this week.
It looks like you had a very successful NEW YORK trip. I just may try it next year, but I will have to bug you for lots of information. It is so different from setting up a retail show.

BTW.. You really planted a seed when my old tree fell. I am developing the story and it will probably be my next book. THANKS!