Monday, April 12, 2010

Tulips

Ordinarily I avoid weekends in the tulip fields (too many tourists!) but somehow they were calling my name when I jogged down our street yesterday with the doggy pals...


This field is the closest one to our home and I loved the reflections shimmering in the puddles.


What a sea of color!
And just down the street from home...


We meandered through the mud and down the road a bit...



You can't see the tourists too much in my shots but this little valley was full of them! I took pictures of people from Egypt, Romania, Korea, India and Japan. The tulips are like a mini-United Nations. And so many wanted photos with Luna, Penny and Katie.



Then on the way home a great delight! Pink lemonade from the neighbor girls, as lovely as the flowers in the fields, tending their lemonade and flower stand.


7 comments:

jane maday said...

That's it, I'm moving. Any houses for sale near you?

Sharon said...

I know what you mean, it was almost impossible to get photo's without people. Yours turned out beautiful.

Elizabeth said...

Such amazing beauty!!! Lovely photos- i so regret not making the trek up to Skagit when we lived in Longview 12 years ago!!!!I will jsut have to be sure to make a Spring visit some year soon!!!!!
thanks so much for sharing with us!!!!

J. Wecker Frisch said...

Wow! What beautiful neighbors, both the tulips and the girls, lol. Hope you'll have time to come by Sharyn, I need your opinion on my post today.

sue z said...

This is something out of a painters dream!! WOW!!!!!

les said...

oh my goodness! YOu live near this place?
Oh my gosh! I think it is calling me too! I would be one of the annoying tourists!! love it Sharon!

jone hallmark said...

wow...and don't you LOVE the comment in Chinese?!
THAT is so cool.......
xo