Monday, August 30, 2010

Church picnic at the Lake


It's one of those annual things.
Summer wouldn't be summer without the yearly afternoon at Big Lake.

Men grilling.
Pot luck sides and desserts.
Baptism in the chilly lake.



The annual picnic is a ritual of summer.



This year there were more people than usual. 
Everyone knew Ken & his cronies were going to grill those famous ribs. 


The desserts were mouthwatering to say the least.
I had to restrain myself when I saw Barb's blackberry cobbler. I could have eaten the entire pan by myself. And it was a big pan!


I love how there are people of every sort at our church picnics, side by side and happy as can be.


Great grandmas and babies and everyone in between.



This year we had so much fun nobody wanted to leave. 
Even with the chilly weather, nothing could dampen the joy we had together. 


"No!" I heard a child scream as the sun went down. "I don't want to go home!"



What fun to be part of a community with so much love and laughter.
Already I can hardly wait til next summer.