Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ta-dah!


I took the plunge.

After longing for a "good" camera for ages, I succumbed and came home with a big box and a brand new Nikon. 


The learning curve has just begun now that I've had a couple days to read the manual.

So Mr. Wonderful and I hopped on our bikes, pedaled down the river a bit and settled in beside a blackberry thicket. He munched while I experimented with the camera.


I have a lot to learn but this first try tells me the lessons will be rewarding ones. 


Even the shots I messed up were pleasurable. 

I've been working on some bees and blooms, and the reference shots you see here will be of great help even though they don't look as well as I wish they did.


There will be time to learn and grow into this new camera. 


Next month I'll share with you my adventures in Italy, Turkey and the Greek Isles as I work my way through Europe on another cruise ship. 

For now it's peeks through my lens at the beauties of my own backyard.


Summer blessings surround us, and I send you the friendliest of smiles.

I would love to hear from you, to know what is warming your heart in the thick of summer.

8 comments:

J. Wecker Frisch said...

Hi Sharyn - Long time no blog, tee-hee. Trying to catch up with blog friends today. I love your bee shots. Keep having fun with you new camera, we love to see the results.

Steve Lospalluto said...

Yea! Have fun.

Sharyn Sowell said...

Thanks for your advice, Steve. I went for the Nikon D-90 and am loving it so far. Tried all weekend to get by for veggies... I thought we'd get home after the bike ride in time but I didn't make it. Next weekend for sure. Those cucumbers in particular were amazing. I am waiting for winter squash and pumpkins.

Caroline Simas said...

Yee-ha! So excited you splurged! You will LOVE it and I am so excited to see what comes from your pohoto shoots...yes another one of your gifts! Did you see I mentioned you in my blog today? Linked right back to here...love the pictures and miss you my friend!
xo
Caroline

Sharyn Sowell said...

The pictures are amazing I truly enjoy your Blog. I have a Mr.Wonderful in my life also. Soon we will celebrate our 43th anniversary. We have 8 grandchildren and they all think he is on the earth to spoil them, and he does.
Have a happy new day filled with color you catch on a Photo card.
From a Cricut friend, Linda Vincent

Diane said...

*sigh* another trip! Oh you lucky, lucky girl! And this time with a great camera! Oh, what memories you'll record!
Hugs and blessings,
Diane

Sara said...

Congratulations on your new camera...I can see you are going to have a lot of fun using it to capture these intimate details. I love the blackberry blossom and bee photos especially.

Your pie in the post above looks so very good. Wish I were up there; I'd certainly stop by for blackberry gelato!

Johanna Parker said...

Ooooh, I've had a Nikon D-90 for over a year now and just love it too! We finally took the plunge last month and bought 3 new lenses for it! Oh boy, where to start?!! We'll have to trade tips as we learn...
ENJOY!

xoxo,
~ Johanna

PS, so far so good! Your photos are lovely!!