Thursday, February 10, 2011

Choosing the bright side

Sometimes life isn't easy.


Disappointments and little sorrows darken the skies.

We are saying some sad goodbyes in our family this week, and the cottage has fallen through and there are other reasons why tears have fallen in our home.


But there are reasons for joy and gladness, even on the days when you have to hunt a little harder for them.

Signs of spring are showing up already.
The snowdrops are blooming.


And we are choosing deliberately to stay thankful and happy, and choose the bright side.

God is so good to us and we know it.


Spring is just around the corner and hope abounds.
The door of possibility never closes.

9 comments:

Sharon Hermens said...

Sharyn, I'm so sorry for your losses this week. Just know I'm thinking about you. Wish I could be there to give you a big hug and bring a nice hot cup of tea.

whimsybeams said...

:( I know we don't really know one another well, but your blog has inspired me so far and this post makes me sad. I'll offer up a prayer for you. It's good you are keeping positive Sharyn :)

Debbie said...

Oh, Sharyn,
I am so sorry for your losses. As for the cottage, just know that there is an even more perfect one waiting for you. Maybe it hasn't even come on the market yet, but it's waiting for your creative and loving touch. I pray for comfort for you and your family.

Thank-you, for in your sorrow, you send us the hope of spring. As God has shown this to you.

josie walrath said...

So very sorry for all your losses.

Sharyn Sowell said...

From Sharon:

Hunh, sorry to hear it. was looking forward to working off some angst. Hope all is stable/well with Russell.

Your friend,

Sharon

Sharyn Sowell said...

Thanks for the kind words and caring. We will be fine, and the clouds will pass, leaving us deeper and more sensitive, I know. Blessings.

The Pontiac Garden Club said...

I just bought your book, Paper Cutting Techniques and fell in love with your techniques.
Found your blog and was furthered
pleased and happy with the way you perceive the world. I am sorry for your loses, and will hold you up for prayer.
Spring is just around the corner and hope does abound. Hold on tight

jane maday said...

Oh, Sharyn, so sorry to hear it. I am sending lots of love and prayers your way.

CHERYL CRAMER BRIARD said...

Sharyn, Your snowdrop photos are so beautiful, they remind me of angels' wings. Cheryl Briard