Thursday, February 24, 2011

Inspiration


Where do you get inspiration?


What makes your creative gears turn?


For me it's nature and an old fashioned walk alone.
Barns.
Moss.
Flowers.


Light and life.


That's why I love the outdoors.
Today's chill invigorates me.


First I spent an hour shoveling snow...  wind in my hair and frozen silver glitter blowing back in my face.


Then down to the field and off on a trail with a girl's best friends.

And back, imagination lit, to a cup of strong tea and hours of intense work by a crackling fire.
That's bliss!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Hi Sharyn, thank you for your sweet message just now. It made me smile. And thanks again for the invitation; I will be sure to take you up on it one of these days. I might be up that way in July....

Patricia said...

I agree with you, Sharyn - nothing lights me up (inside and out) and re-focuses me like time spent outdoors. That can be walking on a snowy trail with my dog yesterday or working in my garden. Something about being reminded of the natural order of things allows me to exhale.

Sharon Hermens said...

Sharyn, You had a beautiful snowfall!! Love the pictures!

Christen said...

Oh, all you've posted is likewise inspiration for me. God's creation is always full of wonder. I always enjoy seeing your photos of his hand at work.
Blessings~

Debbie said...

Lovely and inspiring photos as always Sharyn, but I took hope from your spring pictures, but now you have snow again. I do enjoy the crisp fresh clean snow adding sparkle to the world, but now I'm more than ready for the return of green and flowers. Have a blessed weekend