Monday, January 11, 2010

Atlanta Gift Market








Once again Atlanta Gift Market was a whirlwind of activity... back to back meetings, the joy of seeing one's work in the showrooms and the pleasure of friends reunited.

Here my artist friends Barb (her work is at turtlecrossings.com) and Susan (the children's clay artist at susaneaddy.com) and I sit down for a minute before dashing off again. I am bursting my buttons with pride at having such gifted friends. Their images are in stores everywhere, their creative genius seemingly knowing no bounds.

And yes! My hair is getting a bit longer, just about where I want it. We women are so hair conscious, aren't we? But I digress...
 



Here's a peek in the Demdaco showroom...

 


 

The new ornaments and plates are out for Christmas 2010.

When I left the Demdaco showroom, I ran straight up to CNF, where my darling friend Julie Ueland (julieueland.com) was doing a signing. I was lucky enough to nab her before she was surrounded.




Then I dashed off again, and happened to come across none other than Mary Engelbreit, all by herself in another showroom. Had a lovely leisurely chat. Mary was so down-to-earth and genuine I couldn't help but adore her. Very little makeup and no fancy "I'm special" feeling about her at all.  Had my photo snapped with her and Santa and she gave me a print. Gush. What fun.



 And speaking of gushing, my friend Brenda's son in law is head chef at the Four Seasons Hotel (find Brenda at brendapinnick.typepad.com). Oooh-la-la! We went for dinner. I tried to be discreet as I swooned but my goodness, that place is so luxe! I even snapped photos in the ladies' room. Sad to say most of them didn't turn out well enough to show you. But if you get the chance, the Atlanta Four Seasons dining room is truly the best eating you'll ever find.

 

So now I'm home again, with my fingers already inky as can be and an alphabet underway. Stay tuned. The creative juices are flowing, my friends!

Yipee!