Thursday, June 7, 2007

Finding an island of calm


Life has been so wild lately! The studio is a chaos of tumbled bits of paper, scribbled notes, mock-ups in various stages, scraps of sketches tacked up on the wall and even contracts littered with sticky note reminders...

A huge overload of work is a true blessing and my heart is more thankful than words can say. But still... at 3am laying awake making mental lists or an hour before an unfinished deadline one can get a nasty knot in the stomach.

I'm learning how important it is to find an island of calm, to keep spiritually alive & well, to hold fast to priorities. You see, I have this goal of becoming a wise person in the truest sense of the word.

So I am holding fast to that island of calm as the days rush past and the life becomes a delicate balancing act. It's a quality of peace I hope shows up in my work.