Sunday, December 9, 2007

I'm dreaming...



Yesterday was so festive! We decorated the tree and went through the ornament boxes one by one. Ever the sentimental mother, my favorites are the ratty ones the boys made with their grubby little hands... the windmill with its paper blades tipped to the right, the snowman whose cotton balls were glued on with more enthusiasm than strictly necessary, the angel fabricated from a paper plate that has seen brighter days. Priceless.

Best of all is the note to Santa, pencilled on a piece of parchment.

Dear Santa
Please cum to my hous.
Brian

I would not take a million dollars for it.



After the decorations were in place I tore myself away from the crackling fire and Steve Tyrell crooning out Christmas favorites. Caesar, the beloved beagle and I went running along the river bank. Snow kissed our faces and the wind refreshed us... there is nothing sweeter than those dear doggie smiles and the knowledge that when you return you'll be greeted with all the joys of Christmas and a pot of hot chili simmering on the back burner.

I'm dreaming of a family Christmas and wishing you joy in full measure, just as we have here in our own quiet but busy corner.