Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Gifted

Every so often we're blessed with friends that bring out the best in us.

What a rare gift. And to think I have so many who fit that description!
 
 

Today I spent the entire day in the studio with just such a friend, Anne Olwin.

Like many of my friends, Anne is an amazing artist. Just being with her I began to feel revived, refreshed, and inspired.
 
 
Hours flew...
art and inspiration flowed...


Anne brought me an unusual Christmas present. The truest friends can bring you something odd that nobody else would dare... and know it is a lovely gift you will appreciate.


 Anne brought me a duck's wing today. Her pet duck was killed by a raccoon just yesterday and Anne knew I would want to study the feathers, the way the wing moves...


 Together with the feathers my neighbor gave me that is just what I'll do. Such a perfect gift~ admittedly very quirky but this is how we learn physiology and structure, by study and observation.


We brought out the pigments I hauled home from the ochre mines in Rousillon, France last fall and played happily for hours...


Oh, what treasure it is to have talented friends who share your interests, to receive from them the gifts of love and acceptance and precious time. 

It is Christmas and I am blessed with so many special friendships. Surely friends are one of the best gifts on earth.

Merry Christmas! May you be blessed with joy and peace and the gift of friends and family who love you for who you are.