Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Blog hop - Make a Child's Art Purse

One of the pleasures of being an artist is having the most imaginative friends. 
And one of mine is Tammy Tutterow, who designed this sweet die produced by Spellbinders Paper Arts, the company who makes my crafting dies, too. (And yippee, you can order my new Flower Garden collection here- it's shipping out, too!)

Today I'm sharing a blog hop to celebrate Tammy's new spring die collection.


I couldn't resist using it to make a child's art supply purse. It was fast and easy, simply cutting out the pieces from felt and arranging them to please me. I cut extra pieces for a gusset on the sides and bottom and stitched it all up on my little Singer Featherweight sewing machine.



Layering bits over top of bits, embellishing with whimsical embroidery just because it's fun...

I stitched little pockets into the middle to hold stickers, glue stick, and other crafty goodies to delight my favorite four year old. On the back I added little pockets for crayons and markers and decorated with ribbon and more embroidered felt flowers.


I filled it with coloring sheets, stickers and glue sticks, glitter glue, washi tape and markers.


I think my sweet little friend will love this.

Wouldn't you love to win a $25 gift certificate to spend on Spellbinders' crafting dies? It's easy!
Just leave a comment for me here by Sunday, March 18. I'll announce the winner Monday morning.
Fingers crossed it's YOU!!!

For more Spellbinders die cutting crafty fun, hop over here to read the next blog in the hop or here for all the posts on Spellbinders Paper Arts blog.
SaveSave