Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Greek colors

Greek colors are enough to take your breath away.
 

The sky is the color of my favorite crayon.

But way more intense.

And the white is so pure you can hardly trust your eyes.


The Greeks plaster their homes and paint them white, and then add slashes of brilliant color for trim, splashing blue on their church domes and doors, painting windows and trim in brilliant red or yellow or green.
 
 
Even the little back streets in ordinary neighborhoods stunned me with their beauty.
 
 
Greece made me feel like I had walked into a travel brochure.
 

The plainest white steps possess a sense of drama and high design.
 
 
 
I darn near swooned.
And you would have, too.



 


Ordinary windows are like a still life. 
 

And the light casts shadows that are a work of art.
 

I'm convinced that you can look anywhere in the Greek Isles and see colors that are astonishing.

What do you think? Aren't Greek colors truly amazing?

Tomorrow I'll share more photos of my adventures. 
When I close my eyes at night I can still see visions that will color my work in the days ahead and you can probably see why. It was an artist's living dream.